Mithibai gave birth to her first child, a son, on December 25, 1876. He was the first of seven children. The frail infant who seemed to be so underdeveloped that it weighed a few pounds less than the average baby would have. However, Mithibai had an unusually strong attachment to her child and was adamant that he would grow up to be successful. After serving as the leader of the All-India Muslim League from 1913 until the establishment of Pakistan on August 14, 1947, Jinnah went on to become the first governor-general of the Dominion of Pakistan, a position he held until his death. Jinnah’s career in politics spanned from 1913 until the day he passed away. In Pakistan, he is regarded as both the Quaid-i-Azam (which literally translates to “Great Leader”) and the Baba-i-Qaum (“Father of the Nation”). In Pakistan, a national holiday is held in his honour every year on the day of his birth. Quaid-e-Azam’s quotes are always be a guiding star in the history of Pakistan. Here are some quotes;
- Think a hundred times before you take a decision, but once that decision is taken, stand by it as one man.
- There are two powers in the world; one is the sword and the other is the pen. There is a great competition and rivalry between the two. There is a third power stronger than both, that of the women.
- Democracy is in the blood of the Muslims, who look upon complete equality of mankind, and believe in fraternity, equality, and liberty.
- No nation can rise to the height of glory unless your women are side by side with you. We are victims of evil customs. It is a crime against humanity that our women are shut up within the four walls of the houses as prisoners. There is no sanction anywhere for the deplorable condition in which our women have to live.
- With faith, discipline and selfless devotion to duty, there is nothing worthwhile that you cannot achieve.
- Islam expect every Muslim to do this duty, and if we realize our responsibility time will come soon when we shall justify ourselves worthy of a glorious past.
- Failure is a word unknown to me
- My message to you all is of hope, courage, and confidence
- No struggle can ever succeed without women participating side by side with men
- With faith, discipline and selfless devotion to the duty, there is nothing worthwhile that you cannot achieve.